The April election is on the horizon. Candidates must be mindful of the upcoming dates:
- Tuesday, September 18, 2018 PETITION CIRCULATION: First day for school board candidates to circulate nominating petitions.
- Monday, December 10, 2018 CONSOLIDATED ELECTION CANDIDATE FILING: Candidate filing period begins; first day for candidates to file their original nominating petitions, statement of candidacy, and receipt of filing of Statement of Economic Interests, to the office of county clerk or county board of election commissioners.
- Monday, December 17, 2018
- CONSOLIDATED ELECTION CANDIDATE FILING: Candidate filing period ends. Note: Names are placed on the ballot in the order in which the nominating papers are received; a lottery is held for the first for the first and last spots if multiple candidates’ papers are filed simultaneously in the first and last hours of the filing period.
- STATEMENT OF ECONOMIC INTERESTS: Last day to file a Statement of Economic Interests; the receipt from the filing must be included with nominating petitions.
- Monday, December 24, 2018 OBJECTIONS: Last day to file objections to nominating petitions. Note: The objection period consists of five business days. If the office of the local election official is closed for days that would normally be business days prior to Tuesday, December 25, 2018, they must extend the deadline for filing objections in their office.
- Wednesday, December 26, 2018 BALLOT PLACEMENT LOTTERY: Last day for ballot placement lottery, held by the county clerk for the first and last spots on the ballot if multiple candidates’ papers are filed simultaneously in the first and last hours of the filing period.
- Thursday, January 24, 2019 WITHDRAWAL OF CANDIDACY: Last day candidate may file Withdrawal of Candidacy in the office of the local election official, election authority, or the State Board of Elections.
- Thursday, January 31, 2019 WRITE-IN CANDIDATES: Last day to file a Declaration of Intent to be a write-in candidate with the appropriate election authority or authorities.
- Tuesday, April 2, 2019 CONSOLIDATED ELECTION: Polls open 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 23, 2019 CANVASSING: Last day for the county clerk or county board of election commissioners to canvass the election results, and transmit the results.
If you have questions about the upcoming election, please contact John M. O’Driscoll at 630-343-5209 or your Tressler attorney.